Wednesday, December 20, 2006

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

So says the cervix. I KNOW God is making me wait specifically because he knows I am an impatient person. I know it! I'll probably have a 12 month long pregnancy. He's never, EVER coming out until I accept that he is never ever coming out then maybe he will. Okay...deep breath.
So, went to my appointment today, I am still at the same dilation, his head is still in the same place, the Earth is still rotating around the sun, etc. I asked about possible induction on my due date and she said no, that it's their policy to make the mother suffer--I mean--wait until a week after the due date to consider induction, including manually breaking my water. So I have another appointment on Friday, but I think that's just a non-stress test which will monitor the heartbeat and movements and analyze them. They'll probably check me for dilation too. Then I will go in again on Tuesday. And again and again, while they all marvel about how long my pregnancy is and how they never thought a baby could get so big. I wonder if I can enroll for preschool? Any interactive classes where maybe I could teach him shapes by pressing them against my belly. Then he will grow up and be famous for having the first marriage--IN THE WOMB! Because he's never, EVER coming out!
(secretly hoping maybe reverse psychology will work some voodoo magic and I'll go into labor tonight)
Which won't happen, of course. But wouldn't it be nice?

2 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Oh dear, I am sorry sweetheart... he really IS a lot like his mother! :) You didn't want to come out but he's so much further ahead than you ever were... don't worry. He'll get there soon. Or they'll induce and he'll come out naturally anyway. Here's hoping he's healthy and happy and a pre-Christmas baby.

Anonymous said...

Awww.... he'll come out soon enough. And just think; the longer he waits, the more pain and suffering you can blame him for as he grows up!