Wednesday, December 20, 2006

s'now snow like mountian snow


So after my rather disappointing doctor's appointment, we all decided we would cheer up and go up the nearest mountain and see the snow.

We ate at a nice home style cooking cafe (the Idyllwild Cafe to be exact). I got some delicious waffles and hash browns, and Sean and Joey got some yummy stuff too. They close at 2! Everyplace there closes at 2!!!

It's a small town, kind of artsy rich place that tries really, really hard to look innocent mountain town-ish even though you know everyone up there is rich. (By the way, if you look closely at the above picture, that IS a dead snowball on my back. It's okay. I got revenge.)

There was a cool organic foods store and I got some raspberry leaf tea which I had read can trigger contractions and my OB/GYN recommended it today. It tastes very strange, certainly not (let me go get the box) "a robust, full bodied flavor reminiscent of fine black tea".

Yeah, reminiscent if you're on crack! I let two teabags steep for 10 minutes in a small teapot, poured myself a mug and put one of the teabags in there to steep more. After 5 more minutes I took a sip and it tasted like really watered down cheap chamomile tea...kind of. Anyhow the flavor certainly isn't "robust". Perhaps compared to...no....even tap water has a more robust flavor (especially my tap water here in Hemet...).


Anyhow, here's us in the snow. Stop laughing all you New Englanders! Snow is rare here! Didn't get any pictures of the town--just picture a bunch of wooden bungalow-type shops that boast of organic food and art galleries. And a quaint wooden liquor store. Of course.

1 comment:

Tipa said...

Whoa. A picture of Sean wearing a shirt.