Thursday, December 07, 2006

Too much time






















So, since I have had TONS of time to get things done, I have finished the nursery (yes, I know, it's about the billionth time I've said that), and taken some pictures. The nursery wasn't REALLY finished before because I didn't have any waterproof stuff (like mattress pads, bassinet sheets/pads, random waterproof fleece mats, waterproof cloth burping cloths, etc). I also didn't have any hygiene stuff or had finished putting away random things like the walker/swing/doorway jumper. Plus, I re-did the crib so that the bumper was more secure and safe, and didn't restrict the drop side of the crib. (makes life so much easier!). So now I have shampoo/body wash (regular and soothing), and unscented baby lotion (I figure if I'm using it on dry/red/flaky skin it doesn't need scent in it to irritate his skin more). I now have an EAR thermometer and some infant Tylenol drops, as well as diaper cream, baby powder, and diapers of varying sizes (I have more than what appears in the pictures). Brenda is bringing a big thing of baby wipes tomorrow, I have extra sheets, a good working knowledge of the car seat and stroller, and my bags (diaper and overnight), which are all packed. SO HE CAN COME ANYTIME!!! Any day now...

2 comments:

Hillary said...

The pics are so great -- I love the Pooh theme, as he was a big favorite of mine when I was a kid. Yes, I distinctly remember my purple Pooh turtleneck and matching purple plaid pants -- what can I say, once a fashionista, always a fashionista! Sounds like you are ready for anything with all your baby gear in place. If you are still bored, try on-line Boggle -- probably a good workout for a future English teacher! http://www.dkmsoftware.com/WordFerret.htm

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

You've done a good job! Can't wait to see the nursery, Matt, you and Sean in person. I wish I were there. You have no idea how much I'd love to be there! And I wish I could do more but you'll have to settle for being very loved. - Mom