Sunday, December 17, 2006

ARRRRGHHHH

That kid is going to drive me CRAZY!!!! Long story short (don't have much time), I began to have frequent contractions yesterday but they weren't painful. I called the maternity ward and they said to wait until they were 5 minutes apart for an hour. I waited and counted, and eventually they were less than 5 minutes apart for over an hour. I went in, it was very busy, my contractions continued, and after an hour they finally saw me. The nurse asked me what was going on and I told her I knew I was dilated since Wednesday and my cervix was soft etc, and I had been having contractions 5 minutes apart for over an hour and come in because that's what the lady on the phone told me to do. She said that was interesting because they usually tell first time moms to wait until the contractions are 2-3 minutes apart for 2-3 hours. They hooked me up and checked me, my dilation was the same, they monitored me for an hour and checked again, the contractions had slowed and my dilation was still the same. So, they sent me home and told me not to come in unless A. My water breaks, B. I get heavy bleeding (duh), or C. My contractions are very close together and I cannot walk/talk through them.
So yes--false alarm. GRR! He better come soon...this wait and see game is getting old!

No comments: