Sunday, December 31, 2006

Yay!

I feel wonderful! I'm feeling really great today--even though today is Sean's first day of work since Matt's birth and even though last night I have had to get up the most times since he has been born to change/feed/change him. Now that the stress of breastfeeding is gone I feel like a new person! I can take him places, spend quality time with him, walk around with him and talk to him and show him things because it's ok if he decides he's hungry! Ah...today has just been great. I went to Sean's work and we got pizza and soda (my appetite is back!), then went to PetSmart to get lizard food, then went grocery shopping! Well, light grocery shopping. It felt so nice to be up and about! We came back and I changed/fed/burped Matt and then I just walked around with him talking. The entire time he was so happy and just looking at me in the eyes like everything I said was really meaningful. (which it wasn't--mostly random stuff and poo puns). Wow...see THIS is what motherhood is supposed to feel like! I'm doing well on alternating breast milk feedings and formula and he is taking to it well. He is eating so much! He went from eating just over 1 oz per feeding to 3 oz! Man, I love bottle feeding because those extra 2 oz is now another 5-10 minutes that we can just be in our own little world together in happiness, rather than another 5-10 minutes of awful pain and crying.
So now he is just hanging out in his bassinet. I think I will hold him some more until he falls asleep--it must be boring in there! So, I'll post later and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: