Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Soon and very soon...

So I went to my doctor appointment today, and this time she checked me for dilation. I am 1 and 1/2 centimeters dilated, my cervix is VERY soft, and he is at -2 station. To translate: my cervix is opening to prepare for labor, since it is soft once I begin to have contractions/go into labor my dilation should go pretty fast because my cervix is 100% ready, and he has started to descend through the birth canal. She said she did not have to look very hard to find his head--from inside! She can feel his head! I have lost my mucus plug (I didn't know I had) so nothing is standing in the way of me going into labor! No milestones I still need to pass. My water may or may not break, a lot of women's waters do not break by themselves. If mine does, I am to go to the hospital right away, no waiting for contractions to begin (I'm guessing because of the state of my cervix things could go quickly). I asked her what all my signs mean in terms of when I will go into labor and she said within a week. YAY! I didn't even think I had begun to dilate yet or had lost my mucus plug but apparently...I don't know as much as I think I do about the state of things down there! Okay, that's about it. If anything happens like, say, I go into labor, I will let everyone know (most likely by phone first but if I am waiting in between contractions I may post a tiny post saying something like "going into labor now, it hurts more than anything I could have imagined, I am scared, post later"). Today I plan on not going into labor. I have to go to Sean's award ceremony tonight in Riverside and I am going to go see a movie with Joey. Okay, I'll let you know how things go!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

This is so thrilling! We are all awaiting Matt's arrival with anticipation.