Friday, December 22, 2006

Matt's Due Date!

Can it technically still be called a due date if he doesn't arrive? I mean, as of this post, he has 40 more minutes to come, but something tells me he won't :-). I had a doctor's appointment today, again. They hooked me up to a fetal monitor to perform what is called a "non-stress test". They check fetal heartbeat, movements and contractions for regularity and signs of stress. He is doing well, very healthy and wonderful. I am not dilated any more, however I am having contractions every 6-7 minutes. Fake ones, of course. The doctor said it was my body getting prepared for labor (really? wow!). Another doctor saw me today and asked if I had been drinking raspberry leaf tea. I said yup, tons of it, and it's not doing anything. He seemed very surprised and just kept repeating things like "Really? Wow! And this is raspberry LEAF tea? Wow...and it's not doing anything? Wow. Huh. I guess your uterus must not be sensitive to the chemicals in it. Wow..." Yeah, yeah. Thanks for rubbing it in! Anyway, they said if I hadn't gone into labor by Tuesday (my next appointment), they would induce me. So, either way, less than a week until I can hold Matt and everyone can meet him!!!
Today was pretty uneventful. Sean and I hung out at his mom's house all day, watching movies and eating. Had a gardenburger for lunch and yummy sushi for dinner. Mmm. With lots of wasabe. Yeah, Matt didn't care, the massive amounts of wasabe didn't faze him one bit. Pretty much just been hanging out and playing WoW....waiting for the onset of labor!!!

No comments: