Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hmm...

Well if anything I like Purway...sound very catlike. Purrrway...I can picture Matt stalking people in the shadowy back alleys, dressed like a cat. And getting locked up. Lol....hmm. Or Purvoway, which sounds like some bogus As Seen On TV infomercial type perv neutralizer. I believe Sean and I are meant to be together, but our names sure aren't! I am probably just going to hyphenate them. If I hadn't decided on a middle name I would just do Matthew Purvis Holloway, but I really like Edward. So it'll be Matthew Edward Purvis-Holloway. And yes, I have thought about the what-ifs, like what if he grows up and wants to marry Mary Sue Lame-Hyphenation? I have decided that I don't see what's wrong being Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Edward Purvis-Holloway-Lame-Hyphenation. Maybe the junk mail people won't bother them as much. Other cultures have many names--I don't see why it's so bad. Each side of the family has valid reasons for wanting their names passed on so I'm going to honor them both. If there were ANY other Holloways able/ready to pass their name along it wouldn't be a big deal, but there's no one else so far! Everyone has changed their last names! At least Sean's side has plenty of Purvis to pass. :-P
So, anyway, it's going to be Matthew Edward Purvis-Holloway. (Purvis first because his family seems to care so much about it and I'm cool either way). And yes, I know you can spell HEMP with his initials. He can be a hemp Matt. All natural. 100% organic.
Anyway, I'm rambling. I will post later!

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Well whatever you choose will be fine. I will love him no matter what you call him. But I admit I like Matthew Edward Purvis-Holloway (though I thought it might be Holloway-Purvis). I'll call him Matt. Now I just wish he were here. Yeah... I know... you, too. Can't wait to see you! Lots of love, Mom