Friday, December 15, 2006

Yes, he's still inside

I'm still waiting...I take very long walks each day with my dogs. The doctor said being active generally speeds up labor. You know what I think? I think if your body is already used to being very active during pregnancy, me being active now is just the norm! Maybe I should try laying around watching Days of Our Lives. Then my body will be shocked into labor.
Except I don't have the sort of self discipline it would take to watch horrible soaps and not pass out from the absurdity.
I have been feeling really restless lately. Last night I went on a really long walk, came home, and then went to the local 24 hour Walmart Supercenter and walked around...PACED around I should say...for 2 hours. And today I went out various places and just finished a long walk exploring the local neighborhoods and I'M STILL RESTLESS! However, I feel absolutely no compulsion to clean; which kind of sucks because I am avoiding doing chores waiting for the nesting instinct to kick in. *sigh*
I GUESS I can clean today. Maybe that'll trigger something inctinct-ish. Yeah, like the instinct that tells me that dusting sucks and it probably doesn't really matter if my shower has soap scum on it. I mean really--I don't see the big deal. It's white! I didn't even know what it was until boot camp where my drill instructor told me to clean the head and pointed inbetween the tiles and told me to clean the soap scum off. The what? The soap scum, RECRUIT! THE WHITE STUFF IN THE TILES! SCRUB! Ohhhkayyy...
La la...procrastination...
Okay, okay, I'll get to cleaning!

2 comments:

Tipa said...

Well, he ALMOST came last night. He's being tricksy! My cell phone is all charged up and ready this time.

Is Matt going to be Purvis, Purvis-Holloway, Holloway-Purvis or what?

Hillary said...

how about Purway? or Hollovis?