Sunday, June 22, 2008

Interesting

I was reading Brenda's blog, and she mentioned a thing called Wordle, in which you take a bunch of text and makes a "cloud" from it, with the most repeated words big, and the least very small. So I put in my most recent posts and this is what I got:

I like the many variations of Matt I have in there. Time was a surprising big one, as was the (apparently) many mentions of myself. Ally didn't know Ally mentioned Ally that much by name, but Ally guesses Ally does! Hehe...

Also, Hillary's surprise baby shower was today, and I do have some pictures!

Here's the mother-to-be with her great-nephew.

And here is Matt making a strange face...not sure how this is baby-shower related, but it's cute.

The shower was really nice. Hillary was surprised, she genuinely thought we were going to brunch. She did surmise that there would be one at some point, but she didn't know where or when. We played the typical party games and chatted about babies--typical shower stuff. Matt behaved ok under the circumstances.

Here he is, trying to be the center of attention. He has a light-up duck in his hand (ducks were the theme). He managed to find and gather every single duck there. By day's end he was pretty duckered out. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sometimes it isn't always a great match with 37 1/2 week along pregnant women and really fussy squirmy toddlers.
After the shower, I headed over to a local Cambridge park which Matt loved.

They had a separate toddler section and everything (yes, besides the trash can). It had a bunch of donated toys, a safer playground and sandbox, and even benches that rocked back and forth, I'm guessing for moms with small babies. It was nice. I really like the big city and the strong feeling of community. I like that everything is within walking distance and the abundant public transportation. I want to live here or someplace similar someday, but not sure Sean would go for it. Plus to get a GOOD inner-city experience, you have to have more money than we have now. Someday!
Well, I go back to Brenda's tomorrow, which will be nice. And we fly back wednesday! I do not want to go back home, to all my responsibilities and my job, but it will be nice to see Sean again. I miss him, and I am sure Matt does too. Sean is having an awful time at his training. 122 degrees with no a/c today. He's miserable. Enough of that though! I am going to say goodnight. Goodnight!

No comments: