Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Round!

Yesterday we decided to go do something exciting, new and refreshing. Something you can ONLY do in Connecticut.
...Go to the beach!!!

Matt had a great time! He was a little cautious at first, because this is his first time at the beach when he could actually walk and play in the surf.

Trying to get him to walk in on his own.
Guess he knew better! He wanted Mom to help.


In no time at all, though, he was playing and having a great time.

Look Mom! I bet I can walk into the Atlantic all by myself!

No I can't.

After all that, we headed off to wander around New London, and came upon Fort Trumbull.

Well, we HAD to stop there, because as you know, I have a lizard named Trumble at home and we had to see his ancestry. I am figuring his family had to change the spelling of their name due to an immigration discrimination issue sometime last century.
Then we gazed at the beautiful scenery:

Beautiful New England shipyard...

The Mystic River...

And ME!!!

Needless to say, after a long day, Matt promptly passed out in the car. That was fun! Today, we are going to explore historic Hartford. More pictures to come!

No comments: