Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Big One

This is going to be a big post! I might even split it into two different ones. This is what I get for being lazy about posting! Basically we have been going places and doing exciting things and I have been taking pictures!
Yes, I am going to split it into two posts. This one is going to be about our trip into Historic Hartford!

Here is the capital of Hartford! Yay! This is the only good picture I got so I guess I won't have to put you through a billion shots of the same thing.

Here's Matt on the trip. He had a good time for the most part. He wanted to dive in the "DANGER DO NOT GO PAST THIS SIGN" lake, but I wouldn't let him, so that made him mad. But he forgot about it when we put him on the carousel!

He was mostly confused, but seemed to be having a good time. Here we are before it started. I decided to start him off on a stationary horse. Next time we'll go on a fun one. Besides going places, we've just been hanging out at home.

Here is coffee from a local place here that I like. Good coffee and bagels. Dunkin Donuts is a given, but it's always nice to find another place that's good.

On sunday we went into Boston and picked up the car that Hillary and Brian very generously offered for me to use on the trip. It's a Honda Civic Hybrid, which is AWESOME! We filled it up right before leaving, and got completely lost on the way home (missed an exit) and drove almost to New York. We knew when we saw the "ALBANY: 111 MILES" sign go to "ALBANY: 55 MILES" that we were probably off track. Anyway we went hundreds of miles, along with the trip to Sturbridge, and it's only gone down half a tank :-). I love it! Bet I can make it today from here to my two stops in New Hampshire on that same tank. The best part: it fills up with 10 gallons! Ok...enough of that. Onto more important things!

Here's Matt making strange faces as he eats.

Matt enjoys playing in the back, near the strip of woods. It's a perfect environment to introduce him to hiking. There is a trail that goes through it that's very short, probably a hundred meters or so, but it is rocky and uphill, and he loves climbing it. Hopefully he will continue to love it so we can go hiking together when he's older! (crossing fingers)

He has also (almost) mastered the art of climbing down stairs, which is a relief because those can be pretty dangerous to someone his size.
Well, that's enough for now. The next post will be about our trip yesterday to Old Sturbridge Village!

No comments: