Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Best/Worst Day Ever

Yesterday was a weird day. We flew back to California yesterday, and it was a good day because we arrived safe and sound and so did Sean. I am very thankful for that and it's because of that that I can't dub it the unluckiest day ever. But, here is a list of what happened yesterday that sucked!
Woke Matt up super early.
They changed the gate of my connecting flight and I had to run across O'Hare and almost missed my flight.
When I told Sean "San Diego" he misinterpreted it as "Ontario" and he went to the wrong airport to pick me up.
(a note: I got my Aunt Karen to pick me up since she lives close by and that was a blessing in disguise because I hadn't seen her in a while plus she had some extra food items to give away so we lucked out!)
Sean met us at Karen's and while he was waiting for us, someone called the cops on him to report a suspicious person. (Karen was able to convince the cop that Sean wasn't that suspicious)
We drove out of our way a bit to go get the car and go to Jana's to pick up the animals.
On the way to Jana's, Matt puked everywhere.
After getting a change of clothing out from the car, I stepped the wrong way on her lawn and twisted my ankle pretty bad.
Picked up animals and they were super gross and dirty (no ones fault there, they were outside and they like to roll around in the dirt) and they stunk up the cars.
We were finally on our way home when we waited in traffic forever, and it turned out they were doing construction and blocking off a six lane expressway that goes straight home. We go onto a side street and travel along it for a while until it dead ends.
We go the long way home, after backtracking.
I look at my phone and discover that somehow the front screen LCD broke completely.
Sean gets rear-ended.

And this doesn't directly affect us, but after we settle in we get the news that Jana's mom had a stroke. We are all wishing she gets better. She is stable and doing okay now.

Oh, and this was technically this morning but I am counting it anyway: Matt woke up at 3:3o thinking it was 6:30...yuck.

Anyway, that was the best worst day ever. Hopefully work goes ok today. Heck, even if it doesn't, I am comforted because I go part time in two weeks! Yay!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

oh my goodness, that sounds horrible!! I hope things calm down and cool down out there. It was great having you stay with us in Slummerville! I have to say, Brian and I both think you are the best guest we've ever had -- you put the pack and play AND the blow-up mattress away!! Thank you!! Too bad you left those chewy sweets for Brian, though -- he's been on a sugar high for 2 days straight now. :o)

Ally said...

forgot to mention, put 50 bux into bmw, by the time i got home the bmw was back at empty again... ><

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Definitely a very not nice day once you got to California! Hope Sean and car are OK. And that work isn't awful for either of you!

Love,
Mom

PS Things always have to get better. Just remember my motto - you can't win them all but you can't lose them all either!

Ally said...

Lol, I forgot about those candies. I felt bad, because I made everything all nice and the ceiling leaked and you ended up with a complete layout of all your dishes on the floor filled with yucky water. I loved staying with you guys though--you were both super awesome and you're going to make terrific parents!