Saturday, January 05, 2008

Rain--Finally!

Yay! The three rain storms that were supposed to hit Thursday night FINALLY hit this morning! We really need the rain. Matt had tons of fun walking in it and stomping in puddles! It was raining too hard for pictures, so just take my word for it. Having another nice day today, and I believe that we have crossed a milestone! Matt didn't wake up once last night (although he sure did wake up bright and early), and he hasn't wanted a bottle in days. So I feel confident enough to do this:

And declare he is officially weaned! (okay, I just put them in storage but it's the symbolism that counts).
As was requested, here are some pictures of the new layout for my dining room, my new dining room table, and my "new" sleeper couch:



Now it looks much more open. Before, it was a struggle to seat four people. What a difference moving a few things around makes!

Here's the new-ish couch (with a cover). Now we have a guest bed, AND can finally use the coffee table.

There's Matt eating dinner in his new booster seat. Going to try to make family dinners at the table routine.

Random pic of Sean and Matt.
So yesterday, we got this big package in the mail, and upon opening it I find a bunch of awesome toys/clothes for Matt! The clothes are super cute, light brown corduroy pants and a cool outdoorsy t-ahirt, and some cute pj's. And he also got a dog he can "walk" and these:

Cool classic wooden blocks, his first set!

As you can see, he enjoys them very much. Bon appetit!

This is a cool ring stacker that I just recently realized looks like a lighthouse. He'll try to put the wooden rings on the pole, but will just throw them after one failed attempt. This kid has the patience of a fly.
Anyway, I just wanted to post quickly, because I do want to post more, and I enjoy it! Hope you do! Now I am going to go enjoy the rest of my super cool day off!

3 comments:

Sean said...

Sean approves of this post.

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Sorry Matt is having pain teething and hopefully these teeth will break out faster. Like the diagram, btw. And I love the new furniture! Can't wait to see it in person! I know you approve of the rain but it and the wind here have made me without power for over 24 hours with no look for relief. I have electricity at work and internet so here I am. hehe My monitor blew New Year's Day so there went my bonus money. I am hoping to put together something to send you sometime before I visit again. Just let me know when I can! Love, Mom

Tipa said...

Don't toss Grammie Pineo's table... I hope you haven't. I'll take it back. I need a table and that's more or less a heirloom at this point, being probably about 50 years old and used by four generations.