Monday, January 21, 2008

Matt Is A Vampire

So he got his shots and his blood taken on Friday, and the kid just loooved it when they took his blood! They pricked his finger--no crying. Then they began to squeeze the blood into the tube and he started laughing and smiling! Great! That's not weird! Well, perhaps he will grow up to be a haematophiliac. Or a phlebotomist. Someone at work wants to do that. It's the official title for the person who takes your blood.
Anyway, he also got his four shots, and he certainly wasn't laughing then! But otherwise he is good. He is 23 lbs and 30 1/2 inches tall. Looking on the percentile chart, he is in the 25th-50th percentile for weight and up to the 75th percentile for height. Tall and skinny--what a revelation. I do have cute pictures but I am tired and don't feel like uploading them right now. I will though--I promise! Money has been extra tight lately since the energy bill almost doubled thanks to my dear husband and his GI bill got cut in half. He says he is "really" looking for a job now, so we should all hope he gets one.
On an extremely cool note, I got a note at work from corporate that I am so poor I qualify for the tax rebate being given to help boost the economy. I read about that-I should get a nice chunk. They are doing this because they figure the poor/ middle class will spend it as soon as they get it, therefore boosting the economy. A cheap, temporary fix, but I'm sure not complaining! I am not going to spend it though--just pay off some bills. Sprint, credit card and possibly the navy federal loan. Yay!
Okay, going to go to bed now. I'll post soon!

2 comments:

Tipa said...

If I get a check from the gov, I'll use it to help pay my tax bill :(

Just sending it right back to them. Then they will raise my taxes to pay for it.

Hillary said...

The image of Matt laughing while having blood drawn cracks me up!

Taxes -- don't want to think about it.

I have also known people who wanted to become phlebotomists. Kind of an unusual life goal.