Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Picture THIS!!!!

So, it's late again, and almost bedtime! I was talking to Brenda for a long time about my going to college, my future as a writer (with a degree!), and many other motivating things. After looking briefly at the websites of some certain colleges, it's apparent this process is not something I can do when it's late and I'm tired. Like she said--it's easy to get accepted to a college if you have money, but if you want them to send you to their school for free, you have to work very very hard. Half the links on the UCSD site don't even work, so that's no help.
And on that note, I will actually get something done in that respect tomorrow, when I have oodles of time and don't have to wake up very early the next day.
Anyway, here are some cool pictures of some fun that we all had:

So Sean and I were playing some Guitar Hero; Sean was playing Through Fire And Flames on expert,

And I was struggling through Slow Ride on easy in extra slow practice mode,

And in barges Matt on our fun, as usual, demanding to play.

So, we let him! Turns out that if you look just blankly enough at the screen, the song plays itself!

After that tiring day of rocking with our...socks out, it was time for bed. Matt read Nino a bedtime story,

And I rocked him to sleep.

Here's Matthew putting on a show for us. Whenever he decides we look occupied, he likes to see if he can distract us with some classical drama monologues--with interpretive crying.

Et tu, Brute?

Well, that's enough for now. Going to sleep and get ready for another exciting day in the life of...me!

7 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks for not putting the picture of me looking all crazy during the guitar solo!

Tipa said...

Sean, did you really do Fire & Flames on expert? If so, you're a rock god :)

Ally, here's a link to UCSD's prospective student's tour, it is followed with a session about admissions which will likely be able to answer questions you have.

http://www.ucsd.edu/portal/site/ucsd/menuitem.135225ab0c7ce3c0c0020010d34b01ca/?vgnextoid=8ed9a78f2c741110a78f2c741110cdca5105RCRD

Tipa said...

Vernor Vinge's UCSD email address. Although retired from UCSD, he likely can still receive mail at the address.

vinge@cs.sdsu.edu

Genjer Leigh said...

@Ally - I think you will find that Aunt Hillary is an expert at figuring out ways to make colleges pay for your education. She's also very handy with reseaching things on the internet.

Sticklebat said...

Great pictures, as usual. Rock On!

I had to chuckle out loud at your captions for Matt...you do have a talent there for writing...don't give up. It took me 30 years, and if I can do it... :-)

Hang in there.

Sean said...

Haha no I did not complete that on expert! Wow I saw a video of someone getting five stars on youtube... just ... crazy!

I barely got through it on medium. I'm really not that good, I fail rather quickly on songs using the "hard" difficulty. Only been able to do "Slow Ride" all the way through on hard.

Just doing Through Fire And flames on medium is a work out, maybe some day I'll be able to do it on hard! ha!

How well have you done with that song brenda?

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Good pictures. And good luck with the schools. Unfortunately I am of no help in that area (or many others) but at least I'm supportive.