Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I am so sorry I haven't been posting lately. I have been really busy and just relaxing when I have time.
Matthew's birthday and Christmas went really well. He got a bunch of cool toys, including classics like a xylophone and a tonka truck, mixed with some non-classics like a v-tech video-gamey learning thing and a tickle me elmo.

Here's Matt on his birthday, eating his birthday dinner. At Pizza Hut, yum!

Bad dog!!!!!

Shape sorting is for suckers!

Here are our stockings, from right: Mom's, Matt's, Sean's, mine and Joey's.

Our Christmas tree complete with not-so-sneaky kitty.

This was his first present Christmas morning-he loves it!

And here's Sean with his main present, an electric razor. As you can see, he needs it!

Here's my main present from my Mom, I put a whole bunch of cool pics on it :-)

Here's Sean and Matt later in the day. Sean's wearing the shirt I made him for Christmas.

And here's Jana with her gift to Matt! It's sort of the modern version of a rocking horse. It plays music and bounces. He doesn't like to sit on it though. Maybe one day he'll wisen up.

Mmmm..diet coke....
Today we went to a moving sale in the apartment complex and got a nice dining set for $45. The one I currently have consists of the family table that is pretty old and some random chairs. This one is much nicer, but I don't know what to do with the other table! Sean is telling me to throw it away but I feel pretty bad doing that to a table that's been in our family for generations. Not really many other options though. I'll get a picture of the new one up here soon.
Anyway, Matthew is up and we have some couches to move! We're getting Jana's sleeper couch and hopefully getting that green one outta here! The green one is breaking more and more every day, and is incredibly uncomfortable to sit on if you don't have the footrests up. And when the footrests are up, Matt crawls under them and scrapes his head. Since it was free I have no qualms with tossing it.
Okay, post later and Happy New Year! (and no, I do not have any resolutions yet).

3 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Can't wait to see the new furniture! Will have to figure out when to visit again. Christmas was great! Thank you! And glad you liked your picture frame. I knew Matt would like the toys. :)
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kaelyn got the zebra for Christmas too! Her feet don't touch the ground though, so we have to bounce it for her. I'm sure Slim, uh, I mean Matt, doesn't have that problem! Best wishes for 2008! Jody

Sticklebat said...

Nice to see the pics from the holidays. Can't believe it is 2008! Hope you got some good stuff at Kohls.