Friday, August 31, 2007

Beach and Spaghetti

So on Tuesday, we loaded up Matthew and the dogs and headed down to Ocean Beach to go to the...beach. Specifically the dog beach I had never been to. I feel really stupid, because the only dog beach I knew of was really inacessable, you had to take a back residential road, climb down a dune on a delipated path, climb over broken concrete (looks like it's from a bridge) for about a mile, then pick one of about 3 alcoves to hang out with your dog. Hm. So I used my brain this time, having read all about this "wonderful easily accessible dog beach in San Diego", and got directions. Turns out if I take the OTHER fork in the road off the highway, there are immediately clear signs pointing to the dog beach, with dog washes and dog-friendly outdoor cafes along the way. Hm. Oh, and once you're there, you're just a stone's throw away from the place it takes a very long time to get to the other way. Oh, and going the other way, you're right next to the surf and sometimes you get splashed as you're precariously balancing along the broken path. Sometimes the tide will rise and you'll get splashed. And Ally will have multiple heart attacks picking up her dogs and running screaming from the really scary rising tide. I don't know what it is about the ocean, but it really scares me up close. On an open beach I can handle it now, but not in those sort of situations.
Anyway, after I got over feeling very...special, we had a great time.

Here's the beach. It was such a beautiful day!

And here's Matthew! What booger?

Here's all of us. Except me. And yes, that IS a lifejacket on Mai. Deal with it. :-P She likes jumping into the waves and swimming into the ocean as much as any Labrador. Except she tires a lot quicker (even if she refuses to admit it!) I don't want her drowning if she gets caught in the undertow. Ebony doesn't have one because she hates the water. She hates stepping in wet grass. She just absolutely hates getting wet. Plus if she got carried out to sea I think she would be pretty bouyant...
Anyway, Matthew is really cute. Here are some random cute pictures.

Mmm. I heard Mommy liked to chew remotes. Think I'll give it a try...

OH MY GOD! I LOVE IT!!!

This picture is special because you can see all his teeth coming in!!!!!!!!!!! As you can see, the bottom right is actually out, the top left is out (I know it doesn't look like it but trust me, it hurts!), the bottom left is coming out and the top right is about to make it's appearance. I don't know any other baby who got their teeth in such a funky order!!!


Yay! He finally learned that it's really fun if you SIT UP and play with toys! For a while he would refuse to sit-he only wanted to crawl and pull himself to standing. Now he realizes things like his blocks and stacking cups become a lot more fun when you're sitting up playing with them.

Yay! Daddy gives Matt a bath!

Aren't they cute?

And here's Matt, eating tonight's dinner. I made that cornbread from scratch myself you know. Very easy. The Jiffy stuff has beef fat in it-yuck! Not only am I a vegetarian, I am also a big believer in simple ingredients. Seriously--cornbread does not need an entire box-side full of ingredients.

And sorry, this is just classic.

Hi, I'M SO CUTE!!!

Here's Sean and Matt after tonight's necessary after-spaghetti bath.

And Mostly Matt.

Oh, I am just so handsome. So, so handsome.

You are so handsome, I must kiss you. MUAH!
(See I have been telling everyone at work how vain my son is, how he kisses himself in the mirror.) There are saliva marks on every Matthew-height reflective surface in my apartment.
And last but not least, the very cute video of Matthew eating, or attempting to eat, his spaghetti.

Goodnight! Hope you enjoyed this extra-long and detailed post!!!

2 comments:

Sean said...

Plagiarism! I took over half those pictures!

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Now I can't wait for next weekend! I am so exited to finally be able to see everyone again! 3 months is sooooo long! I will call you next week to remind you and make plans but you could always call me first! It's about 105 here every day and I need to borrow your pool! The pictures are great!