Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Victory Over the Virus!

Well, I was using hypoallergenic soaps and stuff when he was newborn, but switched to the smelly stuff and his skin didn't suffer. Still keeping an eye out though. However this rash apparently was caused by a virus we didn't know Matthew had. He had a fever on friday but I chalked it up to teething, gave him some Tylenol, and it went away. He had also been sleeping a lot. Again, I thought it was teething. It was only when he broke out with that rash that I began to suspect something else. According to the pediatrician, there is a little virus going around that just causes a fever, then a rash a few day later. By the time the rash appears the virus is pretty much gone and not contagious. I guess it's something adults and older children fight off easily, but can affect cute little babies. He is doing better, he never acted sick. His rash is fading. It only gets really red when he cries. It looks sort of like chicken pox.
And YES I found my camera charger! I will take/post pictures and videos later.
Ok well just thought I'd update. I need to finish cleaning before Matt wakes up!
Oh, by the way, if anyone has any ideas as to how I can stop Matt from waking up 2-3 times a night wanting a "bottle" (he only drinks a couple of ounces before he is sleepy again but he wakes up screeching), please let me know. He is not hungry. And he is not in pain. I know he wants attention but he was pretty much sleeping though the night and now he has regressed.
Okay, gotta go! Bye!

No comments: