Friday, August 17, 2007

Whee! We All Love the Wii!!!

So, I had been thinking about getting a Wii for a while, and Sean was dying for one. So, I was very sneaky last night and got one along with a few games and surprised Sean with it. He loves it, and I do too! Very awesome.

Here it is, in all it's glowy.

And here is Sean, hypnotized.

Yay! I have broken the spell!

In other news, Matt had his 6 months check up today. Yes, I know he is almost 8 months. Sigh...anyway, for his age he is in the 95th percentile for height and the 5th percentile for weight. He is 28 1/2 inches and 18 pounds. Ahhh!!! The doctor is not worried, she said it is because he is exercising a lot. Which he is. He is extremely physically advanced for his age (he is always pulling to standing now, crawls like a pro, says mama (which is important to speech development whether he means it or not), looks for dropped objects, etc. His head circumference is still on the small side but again, the pediatrician says they only worry about that if they have developmental delay, which he does not. He also got 4 shots! He screamed bloody murder but stopped as soon as I held him. Also, his top two teeth will come in any day. The doctor pointed that out. I thought he was, but there's no way in heck I can see that without a really big fight. So it was nice to have the matter-of-fact reassurance from a doctor.
Matthew also has a favorite book now. It's the ABC book by Dr. Suess. It makes him giggle, captivates him totally, and calms him down when nothing else will. It used to be my book when I was a kid, now it's his :-)

See the band-aid? Not for long. Matt promptly ripped it off and stuffed it into his mouth. Yum...

Rawrr tiger!
There's not really much else to report. Going to try to plan a trip to New Hampshire in October when my mom is going but I don't know if I am going to be able to miss all those days of work (only have 2 vacation days). We'll see. It'll be worth it seeing family, though. Going to look at ticket prices, then go Wii!!! In the toilet, of course. Goodnight! Be sure to check out Sean's blog if you haven't already!

1 comment:

Sean said...

That last picture is super cute.