Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Working Tv...for me?

Yes, we finally traded in our hand-me-down big screen tv for another hand-me-down big screen tv of the same variety. They are alike in most ways except one--our new one has a perfect picture...RIGHT WHEN YOU TURN IT ON!
WOW!
Let me tell you how ridiculous it had gotten with our other one.
It needed at least 3-4 days of being completely off before operation. During that time if you turned it on, the picture would jump and distort so violently it would make you sick. It wouldn't ever warm up.
After the 3-4 day waiting period, however, you could turn it on and it would warm up within two hours. Then we'd get a good 20-30 minutes of good viewing time, and the picture would begin to jump violently again. Then begins the cycle of waiting another 3-4 days. Fun!
My friend Jana's uncle took it, presumably to fix it and use/sell it. He can go right ahead! We paid $100 for a 52 inch big screen RCA tv that works perfectly fine for now. Everything is hooked up, and it's so nice not to have a big space waster in the living room now.
Anyway, everything else is going good. Looking forward to my birthday and my vacation. Yay!

No comments: