Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Time Flies

...When you're not posting! I am really sorry, I have just been busy as usual and haven't been online much. Nothing much is going on out of the ordinary except that Sean is working (and he loves it, by the way), and that means things are a little more stretched around here time-wise. He did get offered the full-time position, so he will become full time after his AT (his mandatory two-week training) in June. I am taking my vacation during that time, then when he goes full-time, I will be able to go part time, which will be wonderful. And that means...school! Yay! That's going to be really hard. Since we will both we working and dealing with childcare, I will probably start out with only one or two classes a week. Then when Sean is able to completely support the family and I can quit work altogether, then I will be able to go full time in school and get it done faster. Probably just going to take out student loans--we are up to our necks in debt from Sean's school already and be paying that forever, so what's more? It'll all be worth it in the end, hopefully.
Other than that, everything else is going well. I'm working on Mother's Day and Sean will be at drill, so it's definitely going to be a no-celebration day. Maybe I'll get a "Happy Mother's Day" bite from a dog. :-P My mom did send me a package, so I can't wait to open that. I sent her something too, but I can't afford much (Sean has only gotten paid once and we still had to draw massively out of savings to make rent plus we are paying for childcare). Hope she likes it anyway! One thing that is helping with childcare is my friend Lorenza. She has a really cute baby that I am starting to watch for her, and she watches Matt if I need her on her days off. It's nice, and it gives me a taste of what it's like to have a very young baby and a toddler (not too fun). But Matt LOVES the baby. He stares, and baby stares back, and they both smile and it's really cute. Today I am going to take both of them on a nice walk. Baby in the sling and Matt in the stroller. I would post pics but I can't find the connector cord to the camera and I don't know where our external hard drive is. Those darn external drives. Give them an inch of cord and they take a mile!
Well, you can guarantee more posts once I become part-time, I promise! Things will be less hectic. Well--we are moving in August into a house (hopefully), and then I can see which colleges are around and pick one.
Well, if I find the cord, I will post pics of Matt and the baby later! Bye!

3 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

You know it's the idea that you thought of me that matters most. Well, and a phone call when you're done work would be nice. :) Hope you like your present. Wish I was there.

Love,
Mom

Hillary said...

Yay, new post! no pressure to post, though -- things must be super hectic. I am so glad to hear things are going well with the job, Sean! A job you enjoy is a great thing (and I job you don't enjoy is still a great thing in a crappy economy, and crappy economies don't last forever anyway -- well not in this country -- the USSR never really got to much of a flourishing state, on the other hand).

I'm excited to hear that school is on the horizon. It will really hurt in the beginning (financially, schedule-wise, etc.) of course, but the payoff is big at the end, so I am excited for you.

Anonymous said...

I love your page! Happy mothers day too! I'm soooo happy for you that everything is going good for you!