Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Airlines Are Cheap Bastards

Sooo...in preparation for my trip back east I decided to confirm some things so I could plan ahead. I am flying on two different airlines, one to Hartford and one back. On both of their websites, they say that the first checked bag is free, the second is $25, and the third one is $100. That sorta freaked me out because I was planning on checking three bags. A piece of luggage, the pack and play and the carseat. So I wondered if the carseat counted as a personal assistance device (which are free to check), and called. US Air said yes, they are free, and United said no. I think the US Air rep was confused and thought Matt had his own seat. But maybe I can argue that in the airport and get it free. But either way I am now looking at $125 each way!!! Yikes!!! So, the carseat isn't optional, but the pack and play sort of is. I figure if I can find one back east for Matt to sleep in then that will certainly be cheaper than $100 extra each way. I can do $25. Not 100! That is so evil and ridiculous.
Anyway, just was frustrated and had to vent. Found some on Craigslist back there, so hope is there. Heck, it would be cheaper to buy one off the shelf there! Or send it via mail! Lame airlines...

3 comments:

Hillary said...

We have a pack and play you can borrow. :o)

Sean said...

See there you go Ally no worries =)

Also you should post about how fast your computer is now that a certain Mr. Man installed it ;)

Anonymous said...

who ever is picking you up ask them to start asking around for a borrowed seat or yard sale $10 verses $25 and if you're renting a car it's free with the car rental just let them know ahead of time