Thursday, May 22, 2008

Matt Plays In The Tornado...er...Rain

Just a quick post, to say that today was really weird! It started off normally, sorta overcast and normal temperature, and progressed to rain, hail, thunder, lightning and...TORNADOES!
Yes, tornadoes in Southern Cali...and no, it's not the Day After Tomorrow. Unless it is the 22nd...hmm...through some strange time twist...maybe it is!

Here it is! It touched down less than 20 miles away. It tore up railroad tracks and flipped over an oil tanker on the highway. Amazingly, only one building was struck (see above).
I think that company said they are giving all their employees paid time off while it is repaired or something...? I don't know.
Anyway, I am sure the people in Kansas think that's baby stuff, but we literally never get tornadoes here. If we do (which I have heard of), they don't touch down!
Paired with a very unusual rain/thunderstorm in May, and it's some freaky stuff! So of course, I just had to go outside and take pictures of Matthew in the rain.

Matt is cute in the rain...and my font is weird and huge for some reason! Great!


Water...from the sky? I can finally get wet some other way than dumping the doggie water bowl all over me when mommy isn't looking...

The troubled clouds.."okay, so this IS Wichita, right dude? ...Um....let me check...ARGH I HATE YOU TOM TOM!!!"

lala....I am a wet baby...but I am drinking hot chocolate so it's okay.

Rain, I command you to halt!

This is Matt running around in the rain. Nothing amazing...okay except for one part. Let's just say...don't blink!

Goodnight everyone! Don't let the tornadoes bite!

4 comments:

Tipa said...

.... and as he walked away into the distance, everyone asked, who was that hooded boy?

Ally said...

Just fyi...the video quality is really bad because I was very tired and just compressed the video down from 76 mb to 10 so it would upload faster. I will upload the version tonight where you can actually see his facial expressions!

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Oh it just makes me miss all of you more!

Hillary said...

Sooooo adorable!!