Monday, July 30, 2007

Teething SUCKS!

Forget colic--just when you think you're out of the woods, in comes TEETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!! It's AWFUL! So his tooth is out, and growing, so you would THINK it wouldn't be that painful anymore but nooooooooo!!!! It's worse than ever!!! His night sleep is so broken because he wakes up every hour or two screeching in pain and biting on his hands and crying with lots of tears. It breaks my heart! And he HATES Orajel. He screams louder and arches his back like we are stabbing him in the mouth with a knife. One of us has to hold down his arms and body while the other one forces his mouth open to give it to him. The face he makes is priceless. I mean...um...very sad...
hehehe
Hey! I know it's helping him! He just REALLY hates cherry flavored Orajel. I don't blame him, he had a pacifier in his mouth after we gave it to him and he dropped it on the carpet. So, I picked it up and popped it in my mouth to get any fibers off and my mouth went numb where the pacifier touched it. And it did taste awful! Ugh! I had to wash out my mouth. Poor baby! But it works! He is sleeping now. He is ok during the day, he can deal with the pain. But at night, it's awful. Sean and I switch turns at night and we are still both so exhausted come morning. Matt just naps more.
But, it's really exciting! His tooth is so cute!!
And, he stands wonderfully now by himself holding onto something. It doesn't have to be something he wraps his hands around either, like the crib bar or top of the playpen--he is fine on tabletops and stuff of that nature too. And he is crawling normally now. A couple of nights ago he just decided he would crawl right and he has been ever since. Now when he is not tired he does laps around his crib.
Anyway, I have been super busy with work and everything, and Sean is finally back! Sadly though, he has drill next weekend! How lame! They only let him home for one week! Luckily Joey agreed to watch him. I know my mother in law would if I asked her but she wouldn't be happy about it! She needs a weekend off. She said he tired her out! And no wonder--in a strange place he didn't want to sleep, he wanted to explore! At least when Joey comes over Matt is in familiar surroundings and easily goes down for a nap in his own crib.
Anyway, I have to go. The Matt Clock is counting down. I already ate breakfast AND had coffee-now I am going to test fate and see if I can take a shower before he wakes up. Oooo...the suspense!

No comments: