Monday, July 23, 2007

Teeth!!! Er...tooth.

Yay! Matt cut his first tooth!!!! It is just piercing the surface, but it is sharp! It is in the middle, on the bottom. It looks like a cut. Now I see why they call it "cutting" a tooth. Never understood that one. AND--he stands wonderfully holding onto something--I can walk away. He also can pull himself to standing when he feels like it. He is ALSO crawling like crazy! Well...kinda. He is starting to crawl the traditional way, but his preferred method of transport is by getting in the crawling position and then putting his legs behind him, dragging himself a few inches, getting up, getting down, dragging, etc. It's actually pretty fast. Too fast. That little hellion. SO--I heard those rubber ends on the door stops were a choking hazard, so while Matt was crawling around the room I went to take it off but it wouldn't budge! So, I decided that if I couldn't get it off, he couldn't. WRONG! 2 min later he was across the room with it in his hands on a fast track to his mouth. GRRRR!!!!!!!
By the way, Jana came over and we had dinner and waited for the UPS/DHL guy--and he never showed!!! So, no phone for me. Which means I have to stay home all day tomorrow waiting! Another day wasted. :-(.
Oh by the way, this morning I went to WIC and got more vouchers--yay! While I was there they weighed and measured him--he is 17 and something pounds--and 27 1/2 inches. Again, average weight, above average height. Tall and skinny. I knew it!
Well, not much else really to report. I cleaned some more and finally finished the laundry. I also organized my linen cabinet...yay.
It sucks being stuck at home, but then it doesn't. I don't spend money, and I clean. But it also makes me do things like rocking out with Matt and having him play air guitar rock god,

and running around the house playing peekaboo like a 3 year old. But--he has fun, and so do I. And he sleeps well :-P.
Ok, that's all for now. Still haven't found my camera charger. It has SOME juice, but I am saving that for when Matt does something really really cute.
I'll post tomorrow hopefully with pictures and a new phone!

No comments: