Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vacation

Just got back from visiting family in New Hampshire/Connecticut. It was nice. As some of you may or may not know, my grandpa David Holloway passed away from a long struggle with brain cancer a few days before our arrival, but we were able to just barely make it to the graveside memorial. The church services were on the Friday after our arrival. Although I am sad he is gone, especially since I really wanted him to meet his first great-grandchild, I am glad he does not have to suffer anymore. During the services, a beautiful dragonfly flew around and hovered near the casket
for a few moments, then flew away. It was very moving, very spiritual, and was the only dragonfly I saw that day. The priest/monk said it was a very good sign and stood for rebirth.
Besides that, it was nice for Sean and Matt to finally meet the rest of my family. Both grandmas were thrilled to meet their great-grandson, and he was passed around and cuddled by many loving people.
We enjoyed being around so much beautiful nature. We liked it so much, we went on a few walks. Here is Matt sleeping after one:

Nothing like the sounds of nature to put you to sleep...

Here's Sean. Betcha didn't know he had so many freckles! Very cute if I do say so myself.



Matt and I in a hammock at my Uncle Bruce's house at 4th of July, just after a feeding.

It got cold at night and it was rainy. Since we wanted to go outside and watch the fireworks, we bundled him up really tight! He was so tired, he didn't care at all when they went off.

Various relatives running around, getting ready to start the fireworks.

Uncle Bruce's backyard at the Holloway Farm.

Matt and Andrew. Rulers of the kingdom of Blank Looks.

Yay! I'm cute!

Here is a video of them playing. CUTE!!! They were both tired, but we got quite a bit of good video. Enjoy!
Here's another Sean took without my knowledge. Don't wake the babies!!!!

We went to Brenda's, and it was cool. Isis, our long lost cat, was so happy to see us! Here she is saying "I love you" to the camera.

Our happy kitty!

She really likes the camera. And loud noises.
Last but not least, today I did some serious grocery shopping, cleaned the fridge and freezer, and began the process of making Joey's old room the computer room. First thing, I got a new desk because my old one was broken in several places and extremely unstable and not good for a soon to be Tarzan baby.

Yay! New desk! BAD CAT!!!



Think there's nothing there?

Voila! THINK AGAIN! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Yay! Cool hideaway thingie!
Ahem. Yes. Anyway. Still have to take apart the old desk and throw it away. Time for my bedroom to actually just be a bedroom. Yay!
Okay, time for me to be heading to bed. Matt is still getting adjusted to the time change, which means he'll be up bright and early. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Sean said...

Nice blog hun, videos and pictures AND smart ass comments! Yay! LOL I love reading these, even though I'm in almost all of em.

You really do have a way with words.

Sean said...

PS- Everyone who reads this blog should try to leave comments every now and then. When you leave comments it makes Ally want to post even more blogs, and hey, is there such thing as too many pictures of my son Matthew?

I think not.

Hillary said...

well, feel encouraged! love the photos -- funny to see Uncle Bruce's backyard on the internet. Sort of scanning everything and then -- hey, I know that place! Anyway, the kid is looking great, sorry he'll be with babysitters for the next two weeks, but that's life! I have to go to the babysitters all the time, you don't see me crying about it. :P