Tuesday, July 25, 2006

typical day...

Went to work today, had a short shift; 7-1. Lame! I really need more hours, but at least starting August 10th until maternity leave, I'll be full time and working 8 1/2 hour shifts 5x a week. Super excited about the trip to NH! Maple candy, here I come! Had some odd customers today--one was a lady with a 7 month old Lhasa Apso, and since last time it came it bit for certain things, this time she brought a big nasty looking shock collar and a muzzle and told us (in a sweet soft special-ed school teacher voice), that if he's a bad boy we can just shock him a bit and give him a good whack and that will make him settle down. "he's just dominant, and needs to be put in his place. Don't you my widdle-piddle cutie pie?" It took a lot of composure to tell her that corporate probably wouldn't approve of us using shock therapy and physical abuse to tame her dog. Well, not in those exact words. She just kept going on about ways we could hit him and say "NO!" really loudly to make him settle. Then cooing at him and hugging him. Quite odd. If you don't know already, we work behind big glass windows with a mirror behind us. And we're not supposed to be mean at all--the most we can do is use a muzzle. Guess what? The dog was fine. Dogs don't make dogs neroutic, people make dogs neroutic. I felt sorry for him.
We went and rented Final Destination 3 (not by my choice--it's a horrible movie) and the new version of The Producers. I'm going to watch that tonight, I'm excited to see if it's as wonderful as the original. I finished Darwin's Children today. I enjoyed it, it was a good book. Now I have to find another one to read. I wonder if I can take Dramamine? That would make the plane ride so much nicer. :-)
Okay, I'm totally rambling, product of my special boredom. I was bad today. I had a can of baked beans, 2 boiled eggs...then 2 bags of kettle corn!!! I was having such a bad craving!!! Mmm...the Act II kettle corn is the best.

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Well sweetie, just call your doctor's office and ASK what you can do for your motion sickness. Anything beats ruining every piece of clothing you have in your carry on. I'll be nice and not mention more. :) Love you!