Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh Boy!


Yep, it's a boy!!! For SURE! He, um, let everyone know! I am so happy! He has 2 arms, 2 legs, 10 fingers and 10 toes! He's so perfect! We got a picture of him sucking his thumb, laying down, and kicking me. He was also doing the "hang loose" surfer sign (seriously), but didn't get a picture of that. He looks perfect! It turns out my dates WERE off, actually to the point where the blood recults would be normal and not indicative of Down Syndrome, but I gave my consent for them to go ahead and do the amniocentesis because that's the only way to know for sure. The way the lady put it was I could go back and do another blood test using my correct dates, and it would probably be normal, but that still is only a 65% chance it's right. So either way the only way to know is to test his genetic layout.l He looked perfect on the ultrasound, he has ALL his organs, all his bones, a perfect spine, etc. But they said Down Syndrome babies usually look normal in the ultrasound. I didn't know that! But it was still a wonderful experience. The amnio was HORRIBLE awful pain, because they had to do it twice and keep moving the needle around. I'm guessing a perfect amnio only takes like 5 minutes and mine took at least 10. They couldn't get a good spot, they had to get a bigger needle, etc. I didn't look. I was crying and screaming in pain but it is worth it. I don't have any side effects like severe cramping, bleeding, etc. I'd rather them have to re-poke me (like they did) and make sure they do it right then do a rush job. Everyone said I was really brave...yeah right! Oh well, it's over now, and I'll know for SURE, 100%, by next week hopefully. Either way, I'm having a really perfect little boy. I'm super happy. Anyway, time for bed, just wanted to give a quick update! Oh, by the way, his name is Matthew.

No comments: