Thursday, July 27, 2006

Procrastinating

As usual...I should be packing right now but here I am, delaying it as usual. I guess I had bad learning experiences in that aspect because I'd always wait until the last minute to do stuff and school and I'd always get a really excellent grade. It's just so wierd that I'm moving!!! I think it's all good to go, but I need to make sure. If it is, it'll be the same address, just apartment F 171. But we'll see. I still have to call Adelphia and SoCal Edison and switch things over. I'm lame, I don't want to use my minutes! Oh well, looks like I'll have a lot to do monday. I will be packed by then though. I feel bad because I won't be helping in the move at all, so I'm going to try to pack and unpack as much as possible. I just feel really lucky that Joey is friends with our neighbor who works for a moving company, and he's going to move us for free. Oooh and I walked by the apartment and saw the current residents leave and get into their car which is parked right in front! Finally!!! I am so sick of having to lug groceries across half the complex just to get to where I live. And forget cleaning out my car or anything like that, it's way too much walking with the stairs and everything. It's going to be so nice with Matt and all the baby stuff to be really close to the apartment. Oh, and I think I can already tell who he is going to take after, behavior-wise. Sean was the most perfect baby; rarely cried, slept through the night, was very happy, etc. I was satan child. And already he is taking after me. I can be lazy all day and he won't move, but it gets to be nighttime and he is kicking and flipping and punching his heart out. I really haven't seen any other correlation besides this, becuase it doesn't matter if I eat or not. The only thing that really gets him kicking besides me trying to rest is when I eat salty foods. He loooves the salt! Or something. I had homemade fries last night and I was really craving salt, so I put a bunch on and he started kicking. (amidst Joey telling me that I'm going to dry up the placenta and get a heart attack, etc, etc). Oh well, I hardly get fries and don't douse pretty much any other food in it.
Except for the food I ate tonight. Edamame, or, soybeans in the pod. They are SO GOOD with salt! And there he went again, right on cue, kicking up a storm. Yay, I might have someone else who will enjoy salty movie theatre popcorn and carry on the family tradition that my grandma and my mom so kindly passed on to me. :-)
Anyway, work was good, pretty typical day. I had a really sweet Saint Bernard named Nana. She was a year old and smooth-coated so she didn't have the problem most Saint Bernards have with smelling like drool all the time. She was a sweetie and brightened my day. Also made me happy to discover McDonalds had a good-sized salad for a dollar so I don't have to keep spending $3 on thier stupid fruit and walnut salad, especially since I don't eat the gross candied walnut or "yogurt".
I was talking to a new girl at Petsmart, and she used to work at McDonalds and she was a shift leader or something. One day she heard a scream from one of the male employees, and he showed her that a rat had gotten into the chicken nugget deep-fryer oil and died. So he took it out and she got her manager to let her know she was going to change the oil and disinfect the container, and her manager said to leave the dirty, rat soaked oil in there and continue using it because it was rush time and they didn't have time to change it. That is so gross and I am sure if someone went out there and explained that there was a problem with the fryer and it would be about 10 minutes it would be a lot better than eating chicken McRatguts. Sick!
Anyway, Matt's kicking furiously, trying to make me get my lazy butt up and get packing! I'll at least make a list.

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

You were NOT satan child! Geez. You were just a lot like me when I was a child. And I craved salt when I was pregnant with you so it must be genetic. Let me know for sure when you move and the apartment number! Love, Mom