Monday, July 24, 2006

oh, power

So the power kept fading in and out yesterday, so I didn't get to finish my blog! Anyway, yesterday Sean and I went to the beach in Oceanside. It was really fun! We went boogie-boarding. Well, Sean went boogie boarding. I stood there in the ocean with my boogie board trying to figure out how to use it without putting pressure on my tummy. Eventually I turned it sideways. I consider this a big development, I was able to stand in the ocean with waves coming and crashing onto me with only one freak-out episode. (2 waves crashed on me in sucession and I was paddling furiously after and screaming for Sean to come get me and it turned out the water was only 4 feet deep. Smart.) It was really fun to glide over the waves that didn't have the foam on them. The ones that did, I just turned my back to. I got really burned though because we forgot sunscreen and we didn't have a beach umbrella or anything. It was super fun anyway. Then we went to In and Out where I got my grilled cheese and I made Sean order a Flying Dutchman because I wanted to know what it was. It turned out to be two small beef patties with cheese in the middle and on top. Not very ship-like. Apparantly they have this whole "hidden menu" you get get off the internet. My friend told me to order the Flying Dutchman but wouldn't tell me what it was. So of course I was dying to find out what it was! Not that fabulous. Also today I got WIC, and they gave me a ton of checks for milk, cheese, cereal, eggs, and peanut butter. That's really going to come in handy money-wise. Other than that it's been a really boring day. Matt's bored too. I hate not working because of AT, it's really aggravating. It sucks being home all day.
Anyway, yesterday I was going to say in my blog, (before power outages deleted it 3 times), that I talked to my grooming school instructor and he is going to work it so I can start on the 10th and not the normal starting date of the 7th, so I don't have to cut my vacation short and pay a huge fee to exchange my ticket! Yay! And he is a REALLY good instructor. The last 2 girls who went to grooming school didn't cut hardly any hair and didn't learn much, and upon their return, had to do all their learning on the job. But Heidi, who went to grooming school taught by Shawn (my instructor), came back knowing what she was doing and was able to do 4-5 dogs a day. The normal is 1-2 dogs a day for a newly graduated grooming academy student. That makes me happy! That way I'll be able to get my 100 dogs done sooner, my portfolio done sooner, and start making commission sooner, all before Matthew arrives! Then, when I return, I won't have any more training to do, won't get paid crappy hourly anymore, and it'll be great! Everything is working out great. Finally! Now I just need those results from the amnio to come back negative for Down Syndrome and we'll be set! But even if they are positive, hopefully by the time he is 2, when he is going to need to start special therapy, Sean will have a well-paying job too so we can afford anything he needs.
Well anyway, I am going to sign off now, I'll post tomorrow after work.

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

This is your mother talking. Well, at least last time I looked I was still your mother! :) Glad you got WIC as it really will help ease up the cash flow and make sure you get what you need. And sounds like grooming school will be great! I will have to try to plan a trip to see you, Sean and Matthew in the middle of January. That way I know Matthew will be here and maybe I can spend more than 2 days visiting. I'd rather come later than earlier. Take special care of yourself, Sean and my grandson Matthew! And pick a last name! :)