Thursday, July 06, 2006

sixteen weeks!

Almost 17! Pretty exciting. I felt my first movement a few days ago; it felt like a little gas bubble in the wrong place. He/she/it kicked me then scraped across my abdomen a little. It was definately a movement! Very exciting. I'm going in today to get some bloodwork done to determine whether the kid has any disorders. By the time I come back from AT, on the 22nd, I should have the results of those back and my "official" ultrasound. (That's on the 24th). So before I go to New Hampshire, I should know much more than I do now about the newest member of the family. Oh, another wierd thing, according to the doctor's scale, I haven't gained any weight since I've been pregnant, and I'm almost to my 5th month! But they don't seem too concerned. I'll probably drop some more weight during my 2 weeks of training because apparantly for breakfast and dinner they are having catered meals, which translates into "unidentifiable meat-based foods", so I won't get to eat anything until the nightly MRE which, thankfully, come in vegetarian types. Luckily they are about 3,000 calories if everything inside is eaten, and I can bring my own food. I'm getting leave on the 14th and the 15th so I can restock then. So anyway, I'd better get dressed and begin my day. Maybe I'll go see a movie.

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I guess you've forgotten that when I was pregnant with you, I didn't gain any weight until almost a month before you were born. Next generation, same thing it would seem. Glad to find out you finally felt movement... next time call me! (I know you're busy and getting ready to go... take it easy!)
Love, Mom