Monday, January 01, 2007

Squishy Pumpkin Pie

Happy New Year! I hope this year is good--it certainly started off well. I held Matt in my arms and kissed Sean, and tried to think of some good resolutions. I thought first, a good resolution would be to successfully balance working full time, being a good mom and being a wife (and a person too somewhere in there). Then I realized that I really don't have a choice, I don't have an option to fail. So last night I weighed myself and I lost 20 lbs! Wow! Nothing like that pregnancy diet. So, losing weight (supposedly the most common resolution) isn't on my list. Getting back into shape will be! I didn't think that would be a problem, but since they sliced through my ab muscles, I'll actually have to make a good effort to get back into shape. Again, no choice there, I go back to Marine Corps drill in March or April. By then I have to be able to run 3 miles in less than 30 min (which isn't that bad unless you haven't run for over a year and you sucked at it to begin with anyway), do a flexed arm hang for 70 seconds and 100 crunches in under 2 minutes. The running and crunches are going to suck! Right now it hurts just to get off the couch.
So...I guess my resolution is to try my hardest and not slack off in life and try to be the best I can be! Going to go now, just fed and changed Matt and am going now to pick up the photos I ordered online :-) I have to have SOMETHING concrete for the album!

No comments: