Sunday, January 07, 2007

Aw

Matt is now officially not a new newborn anymore--his umbilical cord fell off last night! It was kind of creepy because while I was changing him around 12:30 I noticed, and I couldn't find it anywhere! Odd...
Also funny because babies are supposed to lose it around two weeks and he lost it pretty much on midnight on his 2nd week birthday!
So yes, looks like he will be getting a real bath soon which is awesome because he loves the water. Maybe Sean and I will do it tonight (and there will be lots of pictures).
Yesterday was a pretty busy day. Matt and I got off to a late start because I slept in (very tired from getting up every two hours on the dot). I drove to my base, Miramar, which is a good 2 hours away to return a piece of issued gear that just HAD to be in yesterday. I had originally volunteered to bring it so while I was down there I could visit Brenda and my aunt-in-law Karen, but I totally forgot it was my mother in law's birthday so I was in a rush and not able to visit anyone. Then I got lunch at In and Out (2 grilled cheese with tomatoes--yum) which took forever because it was super crowded, then stopped by work and showed Matt off to everyone. Then I had to pick up a cake, stop by my friend's house to pick something up, drive home, barely had enough time to feed/change him, then went to Target for the gift and met her for dinner. Then I went over to her place for cake and didn't get home until 9:30! Argh! I was pretty exhausted. Anyway, I'm going to go now--Matt is hungry and I must answer the call (cry?) of duty!

No comments: