Saturday, January 13, 2007

busy busy!

It seems like I'm always out doing something, so sorry for the lack of posting. Everything is great with Matt, Sean and I. We really are turning into a nice family. It's really strange...3 years ago I graduated HIGH SCHOOL! And now I have a career (2 if you count the marines) and a family and my own place. It's kind of scary to think about. Well hopefully since my life milestones seem to be coming early so will retirement. Yeah right! Anyway...
Matt is so cool and interesting now! He is really interactive and spends hours at a time awake and looking to interact. He is getting to where he'll do his version of a smile when I come to pay attention to him or pick him up. He puts his mouth in a happy cute O and squirms around. He effortlessly makes eye contact, and now not just with the person holding him but other people close by. He coos a lot and is ALWAYS kicking and moving his arms when he's awake. When I pull him into a sitting position from lying down (holding his hands) he can pull his head up. He is so strong and healthy and cute! And he does wake me up every 2 hours on the dot at night to eat but I don't care--he still only cries when he needs something. If his needs are met he will just look around and move, he doesn't cry. He likes to be tickled. He can't laugh yet but he likes the nerve stimulation and he'll do his smile equivalent and squirm around happily. He is a really happy baby. I wouldn't say calm because he is always moving, but very happy. Once he knows how he is going to be smiling all the time. Sean and I really lucked out. And you know what? I consumed super amounts of caffeine regularly while pregnant and my diet sucked. And I have a big healthy good baby boy. So there!
Okay, well, I have to go. I have a bunch of stuff to do today! Always busy, see? Then when I am done I still need to clean for my mom's arrival on Wednesday. I am SO excited!!! I can't wait to see her!!! And I can't wait for her to see Matt. I can, however, wait to have her see my carpets. They are so gross!

No comments: