Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Simpson Park And Newfoundlands

Sorry it's been a while since for a new post (insert same excuse here). While I have not been posting though, Matt and I have been having lots of fun! And taking lots of pictures. First off, I got three more fillings done this saturday, and am eagerly waiting to get my teeth pulled next saturday (haha). Saturdays haven't been very nice recently. On saturday, before my sister-in-law Trish came over to watch Matt, I took him outside, and it was a beautiful day.

Here's him looking to the nice clear sky (not to rub it in your face or anything, New Englanders)

He got tired and sat down.

Spring is really here! Here's some beautiful blossoms. Plum, I think.
So, after my fillings and lunch, Trish showed me a beautiful part of Hemet (I know, impossible right?) It's called Simpson Park! It's up in some foothills on the outskirts of the city and has lots of covered picnic areas and hiking trails, plus a beautiful view.

Here is part of the beautiful view. The other part is houses and roads and a beautiful valley completely taken over by industry. As amazing as that is, this is better :-)

Here's Trish and Matt. See him copping a feel? Bad Matt :-P

Here he is thoughtfully sorting our water bottles.

More pretty view.

Wow, this is pretty high up. Hey mom, you know I love you, right?

Mai having an awesome time off-leash exploring.
Anyway, after that, we were all happy and tired and went home and relaxed the rest of the day. On sunday, I had to bring Matt to a baby-sitter for the first time and he did really well. (The "babysitter" is the mom of someone named Heather who worked with us for a while, she had her little boy, Jonny around the same time Jody and I had our kids). Here's a picture I got while at work of Heather's son Jonny feeding Matt.

Cute!

Yesterday was a very hectic day. Above is a dog called a Newfoundland (named Jewel), who I washed and brushed forever yesterday. She is such a good girl!

So if you were wondering if I really do what I say I do, here's picture proof! And ignore all other evidence!

After a long busy day at work we went to a local eatery called Juan's to relax. Here's Sean and Matt being extra cute!

Anyway, that was my weekend! Next weekend will have lots of pictures too, but they'll probably be of me looking like a chipmunk doped up on pain meds and Matt whacking me with toys as I lay on the couch. Oh well. Have a good day everyone! Time to head to work!

2 comments:

Tipa said...

Hey, we get clear days here, too!

It's WARM days we're short on. Hopefully soon... Birds are chirping, Isis is shedding, everyone wants it to be spring.

Matthew is a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.