Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

So last night was Halloween and I took Matthew trick-or-treating. It was fun, somewhat, but would have been more fun had we started BEFORE his bedtime (7:00). It's a self-imposed bedtime, so from that point on, if he is not in his crib, he is a very touchy baby. He is, shall we say, a little devil. He was VERY cute and loved being out and seeing all the spooky sights. We went to Menifee Lakes to trick or treat because they are a really nice community who always is in the "spirit" (no pun intended). There were a lot of kids and people sitting out and haunted garages. He liked picking his own candy but would scream at the top of his lungs when I took it away. He puked in his pumpkin candy-carrying case. He chewed open a box of milk duds (choking hazard, anyone?). He lost a shoe while I was carrying him, making me backtrack two blocks in high heels before I decided I didn't care anymore and it was just a baby shoe anyway. He screamed when Jana's boyfriend Dan tried to hold him. Screamed in the stroller. Toward the end he screamed because he wasn't in the stroller. I just kept thinking about how awesome it'll be NEXT Halloween when he actually realizes how super cool and awesome getting free candy is and he'll want to stay up. And he will walk. Ah...how nice. Oh, and I WILL NEVER EVER DRESS UP FOR TRICK OR TREATING AGAIN UNLESS MY COSTUME INVOLVES SNEAKERS. Ever. Don't I feel stupid.
Anyway, here's some pictures. Couldn't take them while trick or treating, had my hands full.

Here's him pretending like he wasn't going to touch those wires. What wires?

Here's Jana and her girls, and the devil...er...Matthew.

Here's Matt, again with his perpetual blank look

Jana and Matt. You can tell she's a trick or treating mom veteran. She didn't dress up.

Here's me in my stupid costume. IF I dress up I'm going to be something way cooler than a stupid maid.
So as soon as I put him in the carseat to go home he fell asleep. No fussing when we got home and changed, and went right to sleep in his crib. Oh yeah, next year, we'll go BEFORE his bedtime. Because he really was having fun, he was just too tired. We did stay out really late. I think it was 8:15 before we got home! Really, really late. Don't know how I managed to keep my eyes open.
Anyway, hope everyone else had a happy Halloween!
Oh and I lost 15 dollars two days ago and I put it in plain view so I would remember it and now it's gone and I am becoming very obsessed. I have been looking for it non stop. Very irritating. I don't really know why it bothers me so much but it really, really does.
Okay, bye!

3 comments:

Sticklebat said...

Matt is adorable and so 'him'.
Oo la la on the french maid costume...hope that really is your costume, not pretend...lol jk
Glad you had good time.

Tipa said...

So cute :)

Marina, though, had the best trick or treating neighborhood ever :)

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Absolutely adorable! And you're cute, too. hehe Wish I could have been there. Looks like he's grown a bunch since I saw him not even a month ago! Yikes! Love you bunches! Mom