Sunday, November 11, 2007

Again, The Zoo

Sean and I DID end up going to the zoo on Friday, and it was really fun! That morning Matthew slid into the sink and I got some cute pictures:

Ooooooooooooo....

THINGS I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE!!! AHHH!!!!

We saw a lot of animals, but I know you guys are probably not as thrilled with the blurry panda bear pictures as we are, so I am trying to keep the pictures strictly family here. We had a lot of junk food, walked a lot, went on the Skyfari, and really had a blast. So without further ado, here are pictures of our family day out :-).

Sean and Matt at the beginning of our day. Aren't they cute?

Matthew loved the fish. I think he wants to be one...

See? He's trying to get in!

Here is a classic Blank Matt look.

Sorry, had to get one animal pic in. This is a polar bear, floating weightlessly. Cool, huh?

Here's Matt being cute...

And here he is on the Skyfari ride. He loved it! He's not scared of heights yet, I hope he never is, because it rocks not being scared of heights. Sean is, he didn't have as much fun.

Congrads Matt! Now you're a middle-aged overweight farmer!!!

Matt is as ferocious as any lion!!

Daddy and Matthew and blue birds!

Which are actually Macaws. And now I know why they are called Macaws. Because their favorite thing is to scream MACAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! as loud as possible in your ear as you walk by.

Anyway, on other news, MATTHEW SAYS MAMA NOW!!!! YAY!!! And he is becoming such a sweetheart! He goes up to Mai or Nino and gives them kisses now, and he comes to us when he wants affection and kisses when he never used to do that. And I don't know if it's wishful thinking or not, but sometimes when we ask him if he wants something or wants to do something, he says "ya!". He also claps for himself when he does something right (like put his toys away, drink from a cup well or hands me something when I ask). He waves hello and goodbye reliably, and gives high 5's! He is learning to stack blocks and is babbling CONSTANTLY. I was worried there for a while!
Yesterday I gave the apartment a really good cleaning, and vacuumed and steam cleaned super well. Matthew HATES the noise. He screams at the top of his lungs. He is better when I hold him, but still scared. Luckily he went down for a nap and he let me finish. It looks AWESOME in here now! Sean is finishing up the laundry and we can actually pretend we have a nice place for a few days. Yay! Anyway, I am pretty tired and want to relax and veg out for a while before bed. Hope you enjoyed the post! Don't forget to vote on my pointless poll!

No comments: