Monday, October 29, 2007

Our NEW Pumpkins!

Aha!!! We did NOT procrastinate!!! Here are the newly carved pumpkins!!!

That's Sean's on the far left, mine in the middle, and Matthew's on the right. Of course.
Oh, and it is MUCH HARDER using a stencil!!!!!! I bought a specific stencil kit because I thought they stuck on the pumpkin and allowed you to carve with the paper on there. No. I had to lay the paper over, thumbtack it in place, and poke thousands of tiny holes with a nail where the lines were (which took a LONG time), take off the paper and connect the small holes with a pen, THEN carve. A lot gets lost in translation. Luckily, even though there were a few close calls, it came out ok. Anyway, there they are, and my hands ache, and I have to clean up all the knives and stuff before Matt wakes up!
So goodnight, I hope you enjoy the pumpkins as much as I do!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Great pumpkins! Such dedication. last night Brian and I did ours -- his first ever! Our neghborhood is fairly urban, so we weren't sure about putting them out on the doorstep, but decided that we want to live where pumpkins can be put out without getting smashed, so we boldly stuck them out there. Three days and no problems so far!

Thanks for posting all the great pics!