Thursday, August 07, 2008

NEWS FLASH: MATT IS CUTE!

Sorry for the lack of posting! I can't count how many times I've said that but I really am sorry. A lot of things have been happening that have been occupying my time. Firstly, our lease expires at the end of this month, and we got a letter saying we could renew for the same rate by the 10th or give our notice by the 10th. We have been trying very hard to find a house to rent, but we can't afford any more than we're paying now which limits our choices. We found several promising ones, but the #1 issue was money. We don't get our deposit back from the apartments until 3 weeks after we turn in the keys, and in order to move anywhere we need the deposit up front. Besides wondering where to get a couple thousand, each one we looked at/applied to either was already rented or we did not get a reply back. So, now that it is 3 days away, we have decided we probably will stay in the apartments for yet another year. Money has been very tight so probably going to take out a loan from Navy Federal to put into savings because it is now gone. Was counting on the deposit money--but we don't get that now that we're staying! We have had a lot of expenses, like the kia breaking down and daycare this month that has made it pretty hard to get by. This month will be better! So anyway, in a nutshell, I have been pretty stressed out and busy and that is why my posting is lacking. Now that things are settled, posting should resume on a semi-normal schedule.
So, Matt has shown us that he is a big boy and we thought he was ready to sleep in....

A BIG BOY BED!!!!!

Isn't he cute?
So he slept in it fine for naps and it took a little adjusting to at night, but we finally hit upon a routine after a couple of nights that worked pretty well (low monotone recitals of Moby Dick, anyone?) and now he is sleeping in it wonderfully. He had trouble adjusting to the fact that he could get up and play with his toys anytime he wanted. It has been wonderful for me. He seems to sleep longer, and in the morning sometimes he will wake up early, quietly play with his toys and go back to sleep.

Matt has also been getting more expressive about his needs and wants. He doesn't say complete words yet, but I will ask him if he wants milk or juice, and after thinking about it he will choose whatever he craves. This time it was "malk!"

He carries it to me...

And he drinks it with dinner! Oh, he also is using a fork/spoon pretty well now too. But nothing can compare to hands still.

This morning I made whole wheat oatmeal and currant scones. He LOVED them! Him and I just hung out drinking milk, eating scones and talking.

Well, I was talking and Matt was...trying. Still very adorable.
We are also introducing him to the potty. He tells us when he has to go by looking very disturbed and pulling at his diaper and going "doe", "doe" (his word for diaper). He will gladly sit on the potty, but will NOT go on it. I know it's early, but I'd like him familiar with it for when the real training starts. Every time he tells me he has to go, I put him on his potty. One day it'll click :-)
Anyway I think that is all for now. Need to take a shower while Matt is sleeping!

4 comments:

Tipa said...

Matt is, in fact, cute :)

If I weren't saving up to send your brother to college in the fall, I'd send you moving money :( I really wish I could.

Ally said...

Well, luckily we aren't moving now so no worries about that!

Sean said...

Matt is so cute. I love all these pics, where is our camera anyways? It's been MIA!

Hillary said...

love the posts and reading about Matt's behaviors -- he is such a sweetie! And yes, he is adorable. I look forward to the day Atticus and Matt will play together -- that will be a nuclear level of cute!