Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Low Key Day

Today I woke up feeling sick. I have had a cold for a couple days, but I felt better yesterday and thought it was over. Nope! I woke up feeling pretty yucky--all phlegmy with a headache and feeling dizzy. To top it off, I had lost my voice! I could whisper very softly, but whenever I raised my voice just pathetic sounding partial words and squeaks came out. Matt thought that was just the funniest thing ever!

Here's a picture I snapped of him this morning while I was laying on the couch trying to feel better. He was just all happy and full of energy this morning, and I felt bad that I didn't have the energy to interact with him much better. I drank some green tea (hence the teapot in the background) and some Walborne (generic Airborne). I heard somewhere that taking Airborne has now been proven to do absolutely nothing to shorten your cold and it's pretty much a waste of money. Honestly though, I think it helps me get better faster, and all those vitamins and minerals plus a healthy dose of placebo effect can't hurt.

This is Matt doing one of his favorite things right now--rolling the truck over the coffee table and knocking off everything in his way. I can tell when it's time to take him outside to run off some energy when it goes from gentle rolling with cute "brooom..brrroooom" sounds (see above) to violent shoving of the truck and loud piercing screeches....

Like this!! Crazy toddler attack!!!!
So, this is him outside, in the morning. My voice had come back by then but was still iffy and I wasn't feeling great still, so I did what every parent does when the kid has too much energy--let them loose on the outside world! Here's a video of him busying himself outside. If you listen closely you might hear him talking, but probably not. He said a few things, which I am pretty sure the mike did not pick up. I swear, he talks!

Let me list some of his consistant words/phrases: "it's hot", "what is that?", bubbles (buu buus), banana (na na), Mai, Nino, tree (tee), shoes (shoos), socks (soc), truck (tuk), car (caaa!), bird (burr), nice (ni-ece), mom/mama, pacifier (ci, ci), balloon (ba-ooon), light, yum, no, yeah, outside (side!), diaper (die), mouth (mou), teeth (tee!), milk (malk), juice (juu), eye (aii), nose (no), foot (foo), shirt (shi), pants (paa), cat (ca!!), dog, (dag!), lizard (lizzy! or zarrd) chair (cha), slide (side). bowl (bawl), and ball. When he wants something that you are eating he makes a very cute "mmmmmmm" noise. Those are all I can think of right now, but he understands so much. He will go get and purposely hunt for his matching shoes when I tell him to go get his shoes, he tells me he is getting his shoes and that we are going outside. He understands a lot more than he can talk, but he is definitely hitting that language "explosion"!! Can't wait until he can really talk. I will try to get some on video, but the presence of a camera makes his vocal chords shut down.
Right now he is supposed to be napping, but that's not happening! Guess I better go get him and take him to the park like I promised. I feel a lot better now :-)

2 comments:

Sean said...

What a cute lil guy, and I can hear him talk very clearly in the video! I love him so much!

Sean said...

and forgot to mention... lmao at "Want to show your family what you can do?" and he says "no!"