Monday, August 11, 2008

Unknown Helper

This is going to be pretty quick because I have to wake matt up soon and get ready to drop him off at daycare. I'll post more (with pics) tomorrow or the day after.
Just wanted to say that Matt is a lot more helpful then I give him credit for. For a long time, every time I have been unloading the dishwasher, he has been touching the dishes, grabbing things, and generally getting scolded for doing that while making me go as fast as possible to get it over with. Yesterday I finally gave up and, guess what he did? He grabbed a plate and very nicely handed it to me to put away. The entire time, I let him help me and he was just sooo happy and proud of himself, and it was a nice bonding time.
I have been starting to let him help, by putting his dishes in the sink, or sometimes putting his toys away. It's just always a nice surprise when you think he is going to do something destructive, and he does something nice instead (without prompting!)
Ok, I've gotta run! Got 15 min to get myself, Matt and car ready to go (have to switch seats and pack day bag for Matt). Bye!

1 comment:

Sean said...

He also puts his pacifier away when you tell him to (even if he's in the kitchen and you're making lunch he runs to his room and puts it in the basket).
I also hand him his diaper and he will run to his bed and lay down. That's about as much cooperation for a diaper change that I'll get though. After he lays down he lets me take the diaper off, but struggles while wiping and putting a new one on.
He also mimics a lot of my words and musings. For instance I go "Vroom vruuum!!" while pushing his dump truck. So when he grabs it he goes "broom broooom!"
Lets see, he is also deathly afraid of the lizards. Yet he still points at them and asks me to pick him up so he can see. One time I was holding him close to the glass and he had his hands on the glass. He was looking with awe, then one of the lizards jumped right next to the glass and Matt got really scared.
He's also giving me a hug and a kiss before I leave for work instead of crying and throwing a temper tantrum.