Friday, February 15, 2008

I haven't been online for soo long! And therefore, I haven't been posting. There once was a time when I liked going on the computer, before I started getting angry messages about how poor I am in my e-mail. -sigh-
Anyway, I paid my bills--yay! Going to do the taxes soon with a service called "Free File" for po' folks. I had gone with Hit & Run Block for a couple years and I can't afford to pay the fees anymore. The first time it was 80 bucks, which wasn't too bad (but bad enough), and the second time it was 300!!!! Yes, thanks lady, you see we only make 25,000 a year for a 3-person family, but PLEASE go ahead and take as much as you like! (Sorry, not to sound bitter or anything).
On to other news. My mom came out and stayed for the weekend. It was nice to me, but not to Matthew, who acted like a territorial chained up dog when an unfamiliar person comes striding across the lawn just out of reach. Hopefully he'll be better next time.
I made yummy apple crisp with her, than used another recipe and made it again when she left. She gave me this awesome contraption that cores, slices and peels the apples. Yum!
Anyway...
I guess I can break the news.....
MATT SAID HIS FIRST WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's been saying dad and mom, but those are a given. Those are automatic first words. But, on Tuesday morning, when I was at work, Matt woke up and Sean walked in and said "Good morning Matt. How are you?" and Matt pulled out his pacifier and said, "hello". Like it was nothing! Yay!!!
I know in a year or so I'll be wishing he'd be quiet already but now it is very exciting.
Also, in more good news, work is picking up and I am making a lot of money this week! So next week I am going to get an awesome check. Unfortunately that'll just make me break even, but if I keep up this rate things will be looking up!
Anyway, still have lots of things to do before the Matt wakes up. Have a good day everyone!

(Sorry, I can't find the camera or there'd be accompanying pictures. Next time, I promise!)

2 comments:

Sean said...

It wasn't so much a "Hello" as it was more a "Herro". Cute lil guy.

Hillary said...

Thanks for the post. Great news about the word!

As for H&R Block -- yikes! "I got people. but did I mention they are extortionists??" If the free-ware doesn't seem to scratch your itch, I can recommend TurboTax.