Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Anti-Baby 2000

I got my IUD in today--yay! It was relatively painless (really), and fast. No pregnancy scares now! Anyway, not much else to report. Sean is really sick. He has a bad cold, though he's getting better. Just hoping he doesn't pass it on to Matthew or I! Work has slowed down this week and I can resume searching for a college to attend. Had put it off for a while because it was crazy busy at work and I was so tired I was going to bed early and not even going online (as I am sure you can tell by the lack of posts).
Speaking of college and money...TAX CUT FREE FILE WHATEVER IT IS SUCKS!!!!!!! They are sooooo lame!
They tell me I can e-file.
So I e-file.
Then it's rejected because there's an error with one of the entries in a w-2. Okay.
Gives you a choice to fix error or print and mail yourself.
Click on "fix error'
Takes you to bank direct deposit info.
Enter info.
Tells you to retain a copy for your records but does not give you access to the tax file.
Signs you out..."have a nice day"
Go back.
Click on "print and mail"
Takes you to bank info.
Signs you out.
Then I get smart and before clicking on any "errors", go to a .pdf file listed in small letters on my personalized homepage.
Tells me to print out the taxes and the instructions on what to mail will print also.
I think I am really clever.
I print them.
And they come out super distorted with a big "DO NOT FILE" warning on them.
Thanks assholes.
Sooo...I paid money (because even though they clearly stated the amount of money I had to make under to qualify for free file, and the amount I made is far below, they still made me pay!)...for a failed e-file and a useless .pdf file!
Great!
Now I have to spend forever on my day off on the phone with them. Excellent.
I'm not bitter or anything, of course.
Anyway, Matt's up! Gotta go!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Random comment re: college admissions -- my friend Daniela went to a couple of UCs, and she told me there is the policy that the top 10% of graduates from every California high school automatically has a place at a UC. Have you heard this? Might be worth looking into when you go to UCSD for that prospective student session. Could cut down on the admissions paperwork (like no teacher recommendations to get, no SATs to take again because the scores are too old, etc.)! Your profile says you graduated with a 4.0 -- that has to be top 10%!!