Friday, February 22, 2008

Finally, the Taxman is satisfied!

I finally called H&R Block Taxcut customer service, and I got a helpful person who got me to the point where I could print and mail my returns myself. I printed them (and get this--they weren't even corrupted!), reviewed them (big refund amount at bottom...check!), signed them, attached my paltry wage and earnings statements, and mailed them. Yay! Now I will just sit back and wait for that nice, fat refund. Sean is still sick, but he went to the doctor yesterday and got some antibiotics and cough syrup. First opportunity I've had to test out my PetFart insurance, and it's pretty good! $15 for an office visit, prescription insurance, and even a fancy credit card to put the charges onto, which is linked to a consumer spending account. Yay! We need to go to the dentist next, so hopefully that will be awesome too. Free preventative care, and (I think) a fixed, low co-pay for things like fillings and stuff. We'll go to the one my friend Jana likes. I want to take Matt in too, just to see when those stupid stubborn molars will come out (and maybe to help them along too). Of course I can't afford that until Matt's state insurance gets approved. Then that kid is going to have all the dentist/doctor appointments he can stand.
ANYWAY.
Not much else is going on. I am going to try to relax today (which will be hard since sickly Sean hasn't been doing many chores). Got some exciting news from my brother, but I'm not telling unless he says it's okay.
Well, hope everyone has a good, tax-free day!

No comments: