Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Oh! They shot me again!!!!

Matt had his 4 month check up today. Found out some interesting stuff!! For one, he is almost 16 pounds, nearly double his birth weight. He is also a little over 2 feet tall. Apparently, he is average weight, above average height, and a below average head circumference. His head also is permanently tilted to the left!!!! I now have to do neck exercises with him to make his head normal. Sigh...I never noticed it until the pediatrician pointed it out. His head is ALWAYS tilted to the left!!! I am guessing it has something to do with the thing he stares at in his kennel...I mean crib...too many animals sorry. The little "fish tank" that has bubbles and music and lights that soothes him to sleep is on his left side. So we will move it to the other side and do those exercises and that should fix the problem! I have been so good about switching his position and making sure he isn't on his back/one side too much but no one ever warned me one side of his neck muscles would be more developed because he likes to look at something in his crib!!!
So, anyway, he is tall and skinny and VERY strong! This doctor also made the prediction that he'd be an early walker. He can already bear his entire weight on his legs (with me just touching him for balance) for half a minute straight and like 5 minutes with few-second breaks in between.
Anyway, I want to watch Monday's episode of Heroes before Matt gets too fussy!!!
Oh...the shots were awful. He cried with the most anger and pain I had ever seen. The doctor gave him infant tylenol and he was feeling good. Still dreading taking the band-aids off. :-(
Blog at ya later!!!

1 comment:

Sean said...

He's okay though, Lil tough guy he is ! =)