Saturday, May 05, 2007

No fighting???

Wow, I can't believe it! Matt was winding down so I decided it was naptime (this is the time when he usually goes to sleep for his morning nap), so I put him in his crib...and he just laid there!!!!! Then, I...TUCKED HIM IN!!!! Okay, laugh if you want, but usually as soon as those covers hit his body, up goes his feet then he kicks and slams them down, launching the covers to the other end of the crib. It doesn't matter if they're as tight as a straight-jacket, he'll get them off. I usually have to go in there when he is sleeping and tuck him in. There was no fighting, yanking out his pacifier, nothing! He just let me tuck him in, then his eyelids drooped, then closed, and he was a sleeping angel.
Sorry--had to write about it because sleepy time is never peaceful like that! Not like he hates going to sleep, but the downside of having an active baby is that he will be active up until the second his eyes close. He likes to run in place while trying to go to sleep or getting his diaper changed. I'm not talking slow paced kicking of the legs. This is manic. But he has a very amicable look on his face the whole time. He's not upset, he just has to "run out" his excess energy before he can sleep. This time I think was due to him being very tired out from the doorway jumper.
Anyway, time to go to work. Yay...I close by myself tonight...on a saturday...yuck!

No comments: