Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Is Evil

Blah...haven't been posting because I've been distracted by shopping for Christmas and pretending like my credit card charges are being magically whisked away by the angels that decorate every store. Lalala...
No, it's not that bad, just stressful! But I am almost done. Just have Andy's and my brother-in-law's gift left. By the way, my awful address book program magically decided to forget I ever used it and entered a ton of addresses into it, so if these following people (or if you know) could send me their addresses, that would be wonderful :-):

Karen Miller
Dennis Schafer
Hillary Holloway
Dawn Holloway
Brenda Holloway
(jeez you Holloways!)

And anyone else I should be sending cards and stuff to. I don't need Brenda's or my mom's because they are coming to visit, and I know Grandma Schafer's by heart. Don't ask me why, but I do.
Oh and if anyone has any good "Secret Santa" ideas, let me know please because I am way too burned out too even TRY to think of innovative cheap gift ideas for a girl at work.
So...I am also going to be taking Matt's "good" Christmas photos soon, with my homemade portrait studio. Tablecloth...check. Tacks...check. Stool...check. Embarrassing old man sweater vest outfit for Matt...check. Excellent!
I also personalized some of the gifts for certain people...I hope they enjoy! They are drying on my bed now and I am hoping to God Sean doesn't come home soon.
Yes, I am rambling. But it will all be better on Christmas! (Not after, because then the bills come...eek!)
Ooo and I got these awesome shoes for Matthew! Aunt Hillary sent me an e-mail about them, and they are called Robeez. They are soft-soled leather shoes for walking babies and toddlers. They're much better than regular sneakers because they allow the kid to feel the ground with his feet but still be protected. Matt finds it very difficult to walk in sneakers. Now he is okay at it, but still trips over his own feet all the time if he is tired. (Which leads to crying, then temper tantrums, then slamming his face on the ground, twisting from my grasp, and eye rubbing). So since I can't afford the brand name ones right now, I got the generic ones from Target. Just one pair. But he loves them! And I do too. They got really dirty from the mud (yes, it rained!) and I just rinsed them off under soapy water and now they're all clean and almost dry.
So anyway, speaking of mud and water and extremely large puddles...
It also rained last weekend. And that was awesome! I loved driving through the puddles, and walking in the rain.
Alas, I forgot I did not have a normal durable car, but a Kia Rio Real Steal Deal.
Yes...the one that requires me to turn off the a/c (press my turbo button as I prefer to call it) if I need to accelerate. Or listen to the radio.
And I think it has driven through it's last puddle. On saturday, I had Sean and Matthew in the car, and there was a huge puddle looming ahead.
"Don't drive through that puddle, Ally." Said Sean.
"Why? I drove through a ton yesterday!" Drives through said puddle with glee.
Car has difficulty pushing through but succeeds.
Ten seconds later, the car makes a very strange noise (a sigh of defeat?) and begins to idle extremely rough and accelerates very slowly.
The check engine light flashes on...
And I laugh. Of course.
Turns out it's a misfiring cylinder caused by some sort of vacuum leak.
Guess I'll have to drag out the duct tape.
So I'll post later, hopefully sooner this time!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: