Friday, September 28, 2007

Having No Money Sucks!

That last post was supposed to have pictures, but I messed up the uploading pictures browser window so it "loaded" for like an hour. Matt woke up, and I decided I was done with the post. Hopefully this one goes as planned. Matthew hasn't walked since, but he's still super cute! Grooming has been really slow and we're really screwed on money. This will be the second month in a row we're having to pull a significant amount from savings just to make rent. Unfortunately I work in a seasonal business which usually isn't a problem when the economy is good. But the economy sucks--a lot more than the news says! A lot of businesses around my work are shutting down, as are a lot around where I live. They're opening new Petsmarts in what are supposed to be profitable areas and they're losing money fast. No one is getting their dog groomed unless they absolutely have to, and most of the customers who come in are extremely concerned about the cost and are on a tight budget. Really sucks. I don't know how much longer I can pull out of savings. In a few months it'll be gone, then what? Really. We've canceled all the optional bills, we're eating pasta every night and not eating out, but it doesn't matter. My phone got shut off. I have no idea when I can afford to pay the bill (which isn't that high). I had to borrow money for baby food! I feel so horrible right now. Sometimes it's really hard being the sole breadwinner of the family. Sean's GI bill helps, but not enough. Oh well. We'll work it out somehow.
Anyway, it looks like it's going to be overcast and drizzly today, so maybe I can bundle Matthew up and go for a nice walk. At least I have my family! Nothing can be that bad with a perfect son and wonderful husband. Here are some cute pics!

Here's Matthew, "reading". He loves his books!

WOW! Reading is SO FUN!

Here he is, "eating".

Look! I finished! By banging it repeatedly against the table and smearing the contents all over my face!

And here he is, taking a bath all by himself and playing with the washcloth my mom made him.
Anyway, I have to go. Working on a revised budget. Yuck. Could be playing with Matt but NOO...have to work on a budget :-( Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day!

No comments: