Monday, June 04, 2007

Aim Before You Shoot!

So, I got home after a rough-ish day--(was busy, phone was ringing off the hook, customers kept coming in, had a standard poodle who liked to whip his head from side to side just as my scissors we about to close, etc.), and gave Matt a bath, fed him dinner, then put him to bed.

I really like that picture.
So, was talking to my mother-in-law, who, for my birthday, bought Sean and I a year membership to the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park so we could get in for free all year (thereby freeing up money), and I was telling her how Sean's war veteran camera was suffering with multiple injuries, not the least of them being a completely destroyed screen, and out-of focus pictures that we couldn't adjust the settings on because-ta da!-no screen! So all the pictures were turning out very glow-y and distorted. So she asked me why I didn't get a new one. That got me thinking...why didn't I? The cost of a new one is the cost of repairs on the old one (and sometimes euthanasia is the best way), and I DID have lots of birthday money I WAS going to spend for zoo admission...and it is an important day tomorrow (my birthday, Matt's first REAL excursion...), so why not? Really. I am such a cheapskate, I would rather eat 5 year old beans for dinner than grocery shop if I thought I could get away with it. I splurge on other people, but I actually cannot remember when I bought something nice and expensive for myself. Clothing here and there, makeup, little fun stuff, yes. But nothing really nice and cool. So I headed down to my local 24 hour Walmart and got this:






Cool, huh? I am super super super psyched!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! A nice camera of my own!!! The one I have been using is Sean's.
But I bought one more thing, one more very, very important thing. Something that could save me $200. And only cost 4.

Yep. Maybe if Sean had that back in Iraq, this whole thing could have been avoided.
Anyway, I am super excited, but I was dumb and didn't buy a memory card, so the pictures tomorrow will be limited. Unless we stop and get one, which is doubtful. We will soon, though! Okay, I am done rambling (for now!)
goodnight!

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I love the picture! And a cool new camera! If you don't have a card by this weekend I'll get you one (late birthday present). If you do, you'll get something else maybe depending on my cash flow. :)

Happy birthday Ally! I love you very, very much!

Always! Mom